[Mailman-Users] digest-mode not functioning properly

Lluis Montoliu montoliu at cnb.csic.es
Sat Feb 25 16:35:22 CET 2012

Thanks for support Stephen. I'm using version 2.1.11 and you've got it
right. Our main problem is lack of access at root level, therefore we
are limited to what we can do through the mailman admin panel and to
suggest our hosting service to do this or that, which they can choose
to do or not.

The fact that two of my lists are experiencing these problems and not
the rest suggest me that some email addresses that could be shared
among the two could be the culprit. I'm investigating this.

And, yes Windows-email clients can result in unexpected consequences.
Also, heavily formatted messages, with complex signatures and graphics
embedded. We recently discovered messages were either filtered or
blocking the list because of that.

Currently, problems can't be related to digest messages themselves,
because when I trigger their distribution, manually, from admin panel,
they are indeed distributed. Simply they are not distributed daily, or
when they reach 256 kb, as current settings indicate and sort of keep
accummulating messages in an endless manner.

Very intriguing....

Lluis