[Mailman-Users] Now my postfix has moved from mailman server

J. Bakshi (জ বকসী) joydeep.bakshi at infoservices.in
Wed Jan 4 06:43:16 CET 2012

Hello list,

I had been running mailman and postfix on the same server. I had to add the following into main.cf to
integrate mailman into postfix

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
recipient_delimiter = +
mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1

and the mm_cfg.py is as below

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'list.mydomain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'list.mydomain.com'
MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias'
POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postmap'
SMTPHOST = 'localhost'
IMAGE_LOGOS = '/mailmanicons/'

Now the mailserver has physically been moved to a different server. How can I inform mailman about my physically
moved postfix ? Should I just add the email domain (which this server once had) at the relay_domain section of the postfix
running on this very server?

Any idea/clue is very much welcome.