[Mailman-Users] Deleting all lists and any trace of mailman from our systems

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 08:37:24 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 19:07, Sam Bennett <su.vicepresident at ucs.ac.uk>wrote:

> Hello,
> Apologies for blundering in and emailing the wrong lists - I need to get
> rid of all of the mailman delivery systems that my organisation has
> previously set up - I have most of the admin passwords as far as I'm aware,
> but I'm unfamiliar with this system - I have tried to look up the answer in
> mean and how to operate the system. Please can I get some guidance before I
> flip out like a ninja and alarm my colleagues.

I think it's very dangerous that you have the power you say/imply you wield
over your systems.
I feel like assisting you, but I'd like to first understand where you are
coming from. Why is it that you want to get rid of Mailman? What has
happened? Why don't you ask the person who set it up to shut it down?
Getting rid of Mailman should be as simple as commenting out a few lines in
the configuration file(s) of the SMTP engine running on your server, then
restarting the SMTP engine. If you don't know how to do that, you really
need to provide more information, and better answers to my foregoing
questions.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,