[Mailman-Users] New to mailman, some help

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 16 18:23:02 CET 2012

On 1/15/2012 1:33 PM, Jorge Bastos wrote:

> Here's what I've already done:
>

> -          I've setup the newlist "mailman"
>
> -          Add to /etc/postfix/transport: "lists.mydomain.pt mailman:"
>
> -          Postmap /etc/postfix/transport
>
> -          Added to main.cf: transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport &
> mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1
>
> -          On /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py add: "MTA=Postfix"
>
> -          On /etc/postfix/master.cf added: "mailman   unix  -       n
> n       -       -       pipe flags=FR user=list
> argv=/var/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py ${nexthop} ${user}"

So you are using postfix_to_mailman.py. This is incompatible with
Mailman's MTA='Postfix'. If you want to use postfix_to_mailman.py, set
MTA=None in mm_cfg.py. Note MTA='Postfix' with quotes, MTA=None without
quotes.

> I can subscribe to the any of the new lists I created, but when I try to
> post, postfix doesn't access the account/alias, example, did a list named
> "bad", but when I try to send email to bad at lists.mydomain.pt it's rejected.

Why is it rejected? What are the Postfix log entries for this message?
The output from 'postconf -n' may help us.

[...]
> I've runned the genalias from mailman bin directory, and it created the
> data/aliases file, and also added it to postfix alias_maps.

Which is not compatible with postfix_to_mailman.py.