[Mailman-Users] understanding Yahoo's "email temporarilydeferred due to user complaints"

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 8 02:35:35 CEST 2012

Dave (FitEyes) wrote:

[...]
>We have full personalization enabled on the server, but "personalize
>(nondigest)" is set to NO on this list. We could use it if it would help
>with this issue.

Probably not. This is an issue with sending more than occasional mail
to Yahoo. It has nothing to do with Mailman per se.

Since you already have a relationship with Yahoo at least to the extent
of being signed up for their feedback loop, you might try asking them.

My own experience is from time to time Yahoo does this
throttling/greylisting to a fraction of my server's mail to Yahoo, but
ultimately all the mail is accepted by Yahoo after one or a few
retries.