[Mailman-Users] /bin/sh: mailman: command not found

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jun 10 18:31:33 CEST 2012

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>Doh! You are correct. The directory /var/spool/cron is empty.
>
>The format of the cron file is what was distributed with CentOS. Odd
>that it would be wrong but explains why my additions work and the distro
>ones do not. Is this file unchanged with updates so if I fix it, it
>won't break?

It is not wrong. It is correct for a system crontab, i.e. for
/etc/cron.d/mailman. If the standard crons give the 'mailman command
not found' message and your added entries work, the crontab is
installed somewhere as a user crontab, not a system crontab.

This is not consistent with what you are telling me you see in
/etc/cron.d/mailman and /var/spool/cron so I don't know what's
actually going on. Are you certain /var/spool/cron is empty?

What's in /var/log/cron?