[Mailman-Users] more questions about Yahoo feedback loop and abuse complaints

David dave at fiteyes.com
Wed Jun 13 17:51:41 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Mailman Admin <
mailman-admin at uni-konstanz.de> wrote:

> > 3. Is anyone else seeing notification delays coupled with multiple
> notices
> > like this?
> >

> I never got multiple ones on the same message from one user, but from
> multiple users and on multiple messages from one user.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. If nothing else, this may increase
awareness of Yahoo's "issues".

These 23 notices from Yahoo were from the same user, but for 23 different
messages from our list over the time period from 07 June 2012 to 13 June
2012.

> 1. Why are we just receiving a feedback on 13 June 2012 for a message we
> > sent out on 07 June 2012?
> >

> You get it when the Yahoo user is pressing the "this is SPAM/Junk"-Button.

We received these today. But the user did not remember marking us as spam
and she said today that she wanted to continue receiving emails from us. If
she pressed the "this is SPAM/Junk"-Button 23 times today, you would think
she would remember doing it when we asked her today.

For someone new to Mailman, this is confusing. But it only seems to happen
with Yahoo.

Thanks again for the info.