[Mailman-Users] more questions about Yahoo feedback loop and abuse complaints

Sat Jun 16 18:02:48 CEST 2012

On 6/15/12 8:51 PM, David wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt <
> Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de> wrote:
>
>> * Thomas Hochstein <mailman-users at ml.th-h.de>:

>>> AOL users are, too. (They also have a feedback loop.)
>> Yeah, and it's even worse, since it tries to weed out all info one
>> needs to identify the user :(
>>
> Is there any method to identify the user from the AOL feedback loop? If
> not, how does AOL expect us to unsubscribe the user who complained?

They DON'T expect you to unsubscribe the user who marked you as spam,
but to stop the "spammer" who is sending out the email marked as spam.
The whole system is based on the premise that the recipient (their
customer) is totally innocent, and the send (your list) is the guilty
party. They are telling you, as an ISP, to stop your customer (your
list) from sending "SPAM". They are totally missing that their customer
at a previous point ASKED for the email (at least I am presuming you
haven't bypassed the safeguards built into Mailman to avoid abuse) and
now has used the "Mark as spam" button as a attempt to unsubscribe
because they can't (or won't) figure out the proper way to do it.

--
Richard Damon