[Mailman-Users] Virtual Domains stopped working

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Fri Jun 22 23:51:08 CEST 2012

On 22 Jun 12, at 06:47, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Jan Steinman wrote:
>>
>> /etc/postfix/main.cf refers to two mailman files:
>> 	virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,hash:/var/mailman/data/virtual-mailman,hash:/etc/postfix/virtual_users
>> 	alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases,hash:/var/mailman/data/aliases
>>
>> I went into /var/mailman/data and noticed that "aliases" was newer than "aliases.db". So in what was perhaps a foolish shot in the dark, I did "postmap aliases" and "postmap virtual-mailman" to refresh the .db files, but to no avail.
>

> You should have done "postalias aliases", not postmap.

Thanks, Mark -- that fixed it!

The first priority for society as a whole is to drastically reduce consumption of fossil fuel energy and products derived from fossil fuels. The key action is to curtail. That means buying less, using less, wanting less and wasting less. To curtail means to cut back or to downsize. Curtail reflects the seriousness of the current situation more than the politically acceptable word "conserve." -- Pat Murphy