[Mailman-Users] confirm 04b15bd499c96706d41e23b8368d11d485dc55c0

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 8 04:30:08 CET 2012

On 3/7/2012 7:24 AM, Mallory S Woods II wrote:

> I recently received this from my list.
>
> --

[disabled by bounce notice]
> --
>
> I have had no other problems receiving mail from anywhere else and I'm listed as the admin on this list.
> I'm confused as to why myself and two other admins got these notices.

If bounce_notify_owner_on_disable is Yes on the list admin Bounce
notification at the same time containing a copy of the triggering bounce.

These notices come from Mailman's automated bounce processing. There
should also be entries in Mailman's 'bounce' log noting each bounce, but
not the bounce reason, but if these bounces are locally generated, you
may be able to correlate them with your MTA logs.

Was the message addressed to your address or to LISTNAME-owner? If the
latter, that is the address that is bouncing (Is it a member?).