[Mailman-Users] slow "out" queue

Anil Jangity anilj at me.com
Thu Mar 8 21:59:37 CET 2012

Hi Mark,

Thanks. We're getting better performance now once we added this to our sendmail .mc file:

FEATURE(`nocanonify')

I wanted to see if we can do further improvements.
Right now our email flow is like this for lists:

Internet -> ServerA:25 (/etc/aliases mailman) -> ServerA -> SmartHostA

Mailman receives the mail and then posts to the same local MTA on the host which sends it out to Smart host.
I am not sure we can't just have mailman send directly to the smarthost?

What are the implications (on the web site as well as how Mailman functions) if I change DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST to be SmartHostA?

Thanks,
Anil

PS: Now I am getting about 3000 recips in about 5 minutes. Still not the greatest but it's better than before.