[Mailman-Users] Newer postfix: unused parameter: mailman_destination_recipient_limit=1

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Fri Mar 9 19:17:56 CET 2012

Hi all,

I've had this parameter defined in my postfix ever since it was first
set up (not by me), and most everything I read online says it should be
there.

But, the newer versions of postfix now provide warnings for unused
parameters, and that is what I'm getting for this one parameter:

myhost : Fri Mar 09, 13:16:12 : ~
  # postconf -n | grep mailman
alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
virtual_alias_maps = ${mysql}/vam.cf,
hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf: unused parameter:
mailman_destination_recipient_limit=1
myhost : Fri Mar 09, 13:16:26 : ~
  #

Anyone have any idea why? Am I indeed not using it? I'd rather not just
comment it out and test without some confirmation first, since this is a
production box.

Thanks...

Charles