[Mailman-Users] Problem creating mailing lists via web interface in 2.1.11

Steve Matzura smtgv at noisynotes.com
Wed Mar 28 21:22:20 CEST 2012

The MTA is postfix. The file in question is
/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases which, according to what I've read, is
created from aliases.db. The interesting thing is, virtual-mailman
*is* updated correctly from virtual-mailman.db while aliases is not.

Mailman was installed long before I got here, but I'm assuming it was
installed via the standard package installer when Ubuntu was
originally built a few years ago. I also recognize I'm not running the
latest Ubuntu or Mailman.

Here's the perms on those four files:

-rw-rw---- 1 root list  6725 2012-03-28 19:07 aliases
-rw-rw---- 1 list list 12288 2012-03-28 19:07 aliases.db