[Mailman-Users] Problem creating mailing lists via webinterfacein2.1.11

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 28 23:55:54 CEST 2012

Steve Matzura wrote:

>That would be www.theglobalvoice.info with the additional mailman
>suffix string, of course. I tried putting add_virtualhost in
>mm_cfg.py, but all that did was generate an error saying I'd found a
>bug! Obviously that was the wrong thing to do, so I removed it, and
>now we're back to the "unknown virtual host" error on the web create
>form.

OK. If I understand, you attempt to create a list from the web UI and
you get an error "Unknown virtual host: www.theglobalvoice.info".

This means two things: 1) the list was not created so, of course, no
aliases were created for it, and 2) the host www.theglobalvoice.info
is not a key in the VIRTUAL_HOSTS dictionary which means there is no
add_virtualhost('www.theglobalvoice.info',
'whatever.the.email.host.is') entry in mm_cfg.py.

So what add_virtualhost() did you put in mm_cfg.py?

What is in Mailman's error log corresponding to the "we hit a bug"?