[Mailman-Users] Problem creating mailing lists via webinterface in2.1.11

Steve Matzura smtgv at noisynotes.com
Thu Mar 29 01:54:17 CEST 2012

I've obviously bunged this up badly. Now here it is, all correct and
properly assigned to each half of the problem:

When creating the list admin at theglobalvoice.info, "unknown virtual
host" is the error, but some way, somehow, the list gets partially
created.

If I send a message to that partially created list, Mailman sends back
a message of undeliverability with this error text:

Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 <admin at theglobalvoice.info>: Recipient
address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

I looked in postfix.cf and discovered the virtual host name is really
patronus.theglobalvoice.info, which may have something to do with why
the Web create doesn't work, but 'newlist' does.