[Mailman-Users] How can I find out if a mailing list is used?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 3 01:53:04 CEST 2012

Ma, Yuan wrote:

>In order to see if a list has been referenced, in addition to looking through Mailman logs, web logs, and/or MTA logs, I am wondering if there is file related to a mailing list which shows the recent using time?

Every list has a 'last_post_time' attribute which is the time of last
post. See <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/last_post.py> for a withlist
script to display it for one or all lists.

If you want to know things like when was the web admin interface or the
listinfo page for a list last accessed, you'd have to analyze your web
server logs for that info as Mailman doesn't track it.