[Mailman-Users] OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/list/attachments: No such file or directory

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue May 8 10:48:36 CEST 2012

David writes:

 > apparently I missed something. The problem was simply permissions -- the
 > well-known Ubuntu issue.

Not just Ubuntu.  I believe pretty much every system that Mailman runs
on runs into these issues every once in a while.

It's important to run bin/check_perms every time you upgrade, and
check the output carefully (IIRC setup.py runs it automatically, so
the important part is checking the output).  If it's not 100% clean,
then run "bin/check_perms -f".  Sometimes multiple runs are
necessary.