[Mailman-Users] OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/list/attachments: No such file or directory

David dave at fiteyes.com
Tue May 8 18:37:12 CEST 2012

>>> # bin/check_perms -f
> No problems found
>
> All permissions are reported as OK now. The check_perms is a very handy
> script. Thanks for the suggestion to use it.

After fixing permissions, we lost web access to the public archive:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /archive/list/ on this server.

In the past, I could resolve this with:

sudo chown -R list /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/

That permissions fix suggestion (to enable access to the public archives on
Ubuntu) came from http://eridanus.net/archives/451

Suggestions?