[Mailman-Users] Error accessing admin pages, AttributeError: local_name

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 15 18:25:47 CEST 2012

Odhiambo Washington wrote:

>I did not know of the existence of this branch of Mailman. How is it
>different from the main branch?
>I am running Mailman with vhosts in a single instance, with theonly
>limitation I have being that I cannot use the same listname more than once.
>Is there something I am/have been missing? I am on 2.1.14.

If you can accept the limitation of globally unique list names, stick
with what you have and upgrade to 2.1.15 when it is released.

If you need to use the same list name in two different domains, see
<https://code.launchpad.net/~msapiro/mailman/vhost>. This branch is
currently somewhere between 2.1.14 and 2.1.15 and will probably be
merged with 2.1.15 when it is released, but the patches on which it is
based are incomplete and not guaranteed. Read the description on the
above page for more information.

The recommendation for support of the same list name in two domains is
still either multiple 2.1.x instances or wait for Mailman 3.