[Mailman-Users] Ubuntu release of Mailman

Jérôme jerome at jolimont.fr
Wed May 16 09:44:52 CEST 2012

Le 2012-05-16 09:27, Stephen J. Turnbull a écrit :

> Maybe improve documents
> (including our own -- our web pages should detect Debian/Ubuntu and
> Red Hat/Fedora hosted browsers and display big "You probably don't
> want to read this, read your distro's docs instead" warnings!)

Regarding this specific item, you shouldn't bother : there are chances
that the mailman installation is on a server which is not the machine
used to browse the documentation. However, you could leave this note to
anyone : "If you installed from a distro packege, you probably don't
want to read this, read your distro's docs instead". Which would be
kinda like having that specific entry in the FAQ moved to the top,
blinking bold red.

Anyway, collaborating with the packagers to improve packages and avoid
troubles in the first place is of course the best, yet time-costly.

--
Jérôme