[Mailman-Users] {Disarmed} Re: Unsub in the Mmembership List Does Not Work

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 9 22:49:42 CET 2012

Vladimir Mikhelson wrote:

>On 11/9/2012 3:30 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Vladimir Mikhelson wrote:
>>> But I did not modify the Apache rewrite rules per
>>> http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/4.27+Securing+Mailman%27s+web+GUI+by+using+Secure+HTTP-SSL
>>>
>>> Do you think it can be related?
>>
>> It's possible, but unlikely. If that were the issue, most likely you
>> wouldn't be able to change the user options either, but are you
>> redirecting/rewriting from http to https, and if so, if you view the
>> source of the membership list page, what is the value of the action=
>> string in the FORM tag?
>>

><FORM action="https://host.domain.tld/mailman/admin/list/members?letter=v

There is a possible problem. It appears that you asked for the source
of an https URL. what do you get if you ask for an http URL?

I don't think it's likely, but if you go to an http URL and get a form
with an action= with an http URL and the web server redirects/rewrites
the POST url to https, it can lose the post data. This is the issue of
the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/ioA9>.

As I say. I don't think that's likely, but it could explain an
intermittent issue if sometimes you get the page via http and other
times via https.