[Mailman-Users] Non-member posting to the list

Will Yardley mailman at veggiechinese.net
Tue Nov 13 23:23:02 CET 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 04:03:32PM -0200, Rodrigo Abrantes Antunes wrote:
> In my case, I found that the return-path header is the address of the
> original sender, so how could I add a rule in mailman to deny posts with
> return-path's address that are not members?

The envelope-sender can also be spoofed trivially.

If you want to prevent someone from sending email as someone who *is*
approved to post to the list, I think your safest bet is to require
approval for all posts to the list -- in other words, set the action for
posts by moderated members allowed to post to 'hold', and have the
moderate bit set even for users who are allowed to post.