[Mailman-Users] Suspend a Subscriber

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Thu Oct 4 20:12:04 CEST 2012

On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 13:37:06 -0400
Dennis Putnam <dap1 at bellsouth.net> wrote:

Hello Dennis,

>Is there a way to suspend or otherwise prevent a subscriber from posting

Put them on 'moderation', which means all their posts have to be
approved before they go out to the list.  I know that means work, but
you could just ignore them or simply discard them.

>to a list and send a notice of same, without actually unsubscribing and

IDK whether mailman notifies the user that they're on moderation, but
you only need send that message to them once.  At the same time, you can
ask them to explain their actions, and what they're going to do about
getting back in to good standing.

Personally, if they've been persistently breaking the rules, I'd ban 'em
anyway.  It's not likely they're going to change, despite your previous
warnings.

--
 Regards  _
I hit the ground, boy have I arrived!