[Mailman-Users] Simplified mailman installation setup for corporate internal list server

Sriram Karra karra.etc at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 19:41:38 CEST 2012

Hi, I am exploring deploying a simple mailman setup for the small company I
work at. By simplified I mean the following:

1. All users are authenticated already using a single sign on. No password
should be required for any activity.

2. Any user should be able to create lists (only owners can administer
lists). We will still have private and public lists.

3. A user on logon should be able to manage her subscriptions using a
simple "on/off" click, without per-list passwords, or confirmation emails
and stuff. Another way to put it is I want a "/mailman/userinfo" script in
addition to the /mailman/listinfo interface.

I am quite sure someone else has also thought of this sort of a deployment.
Is there any code or customization sample I can look and explore. If no
such instances are known, what do you think is the best way for me to start
exploring my own implementation. I can hack a little python.

Regards,
Karra