[Mailman-Users] mailman running very slow

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Oct 24 20:03:13 CEST 2012

Richard Shetron wrote:

>Also mailing from a week ago are starting to come through, but I thought
>I'd removed all of them from both the mailq and from mailman.  I thought
>I new how to cancel/remove older mailings, but it seems not.  How do you
>cancel old mailings?  I've cleared the postfix queue and I thought I'd
>cleared the mailman qfiles.

If you removed all the entries from Mailman's queue files or at least
those in the out/ and retry/ queues, no old messages should be coming
from Mailman except for messages that were held for moderation and
have been subsequently approved.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/-IA9>.

>We're using ubuntu with postfix.
>
>python processes:

[...]
>mailman   4585  0.0  0.0   9728  6904 ?        S    06:00   0:08
>/usr/bin/python /var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=MaildirRunner:0:1 -s

Why are you running MaildirRunner? are you actually using maildir
delivery to Mailman?

>another error in smtp-failure:
>
>Oct 24 09:37:18 2012 (4582) All recipients refused: {'mmm5000 at aol.com':
>(503, '5.5.1 Error: nested MAIL command')}, msgid:
><7.0.1.0.0.20121016133607.0469b148 at marchreport.com>

This indicates some serious confusion in Python's smtplib.