[Mailman-Users] change existing subscribers setting

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 25 23:03:14 CEST 2012

Judy Angel wrote:

>I have a list of 6000 users and I wish to change the setting for all
>subscribers to
>Conceal the member's address
>Acknowledge the member's posting
>I can see how to set it for new members but not existing existing members.

If you have command line access to the Mailman installation, see
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/set_unhide.py>.

This withlist script sets all list members to NOT be concealed. It can
be easily changed set all list members to both be concealed and to
have their posts acknowledged by changing the one line

        mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.ConcealSubscription, 0)

to the two lines

        mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.ConcealSubscription, 1)
        mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.AcknowledgePosts, 1)

If you don't have command line access to the Mailman installation, you
could probably modify the web admin screen scraping script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/mailman-subscribers.py> to do this.
See the existing --unhide option in the script.