[Mailman-Users] Automated Subscription Bots Inundating List Owners With Subscription Requests

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Mon Oct 29 20:14:09 CET 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-29 at 11:43 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> See <http://wiki.list.org/x/KYCB> and the Mailman-Developers post linked
> therefrom. It's probably out of date and does not directly address the
> issue of making this information available as part of the 3rd party
> package, but it is probably still useful to someone trying to upgrade
> RedHat Mailman from source.

Yes, this article is very informative, and at present may be the best
thing available for an old-package to new-source upgrade.  And yes, it
does not address the issue of making this information available as a
default part of the 3rd party package.

Such an enhancement would obviously not help anyone using a currently
"older" Mailman package, but going forward, say into MM3, it might be a
good idea to make this information available in some such way.  I use
courier as a MTA, and courier has a "courier-config" executable
in /usr/bin which spits out all sorts of useful build information,
including the package creator's build-time configure args.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The difference between a duck is because
FMP Computer Services |    one leg is both the same"