[Mailman-Users] mailan and postfix config problems

soportek soportek at lavabit.com
Wed Oct 31 01:27:39 CET 2012

On 10/30/2012 02:06 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 10/30/2012 12:34 PM, soportek wrote:
>>
>> Ok, so I've reverted my previous changes and now I've followed the exact
>> instructions from
>> http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Integrating+Mailman+with+postfix
Ok, so now I first undid specific changes from the wiki tutorial,
removed entries from and postmapped /etc/postfix/transport and removed
mailman entry from /etc/postfix/master.cf

Now I've followed these 2 guides.
http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-integration.html
http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html

relevant parts of my mailman mm_cfg.py look like this
  MTA = 'Postfix'
  DEB_LISTMASTER = 'postmaster at somedomain.org'
  POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAIN = ['lists.somedomain.org']

and the relevant parts of my postfix main.cf look like this

  local_recipient_maps   = $alias_maps, proxy:unix:passwd.byname
  alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
  alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
  virtual_alias_domains = lists.somedomain.org
  virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
  relay_domains = localhost

If I create a new list in the lists.somedomain.org domain I receive
confirmation from the list but writing to the list results in "
Recipient address rejected" from postfix.

/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases is being written but
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman is not being updated by Mailman.

bin/check_perms returns no problems.