[Mailman-Users] Mountain Lion Server Issue after migration fromLion

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 1 22:47:06 CEST 2013

Allan Herman wrote:

>Accordingly, I don't think anything is actually wrong that warrants further digging. I only use the "mailman" list, which was set up by default, for testing. Any reason I can't delete it and make a "testing" list?

You can't delete it for a few reasons, the most important of which is
mailmanctl will refuse to run the qrunners if it isn't there. Also,
there will be issues with cron/mailpasswds

Further, the site list address is exposed on the web admin and listinfo
overview pages.

But, its name doesn't have to be 'mailman'. You can call it anything
you want by putting, e.g.,

MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'testing'

in mm_cfg.py, however 'testing' probably isn't the best name as monthly
reminders are From: the -owner of this list and its posting address is
exposed on the web admin and listinfo overview pages.