[Mailman-Users] accessing relay mailman server from its ownnetwork

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 11 00:00:50 CEST 2013

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>What we need to do is figure out why those few URLs on the Membership
>List page are absolute. It may be a bug. I'll look at that.

There are two places in Mailman/Cgi/admin.py where it requests absolute
URLs. The relevant code bits are

def membership_options(mlist, subcat, cgidata, doc, form):
    # Show the main stuff
    adminurl = mlist.GetScriptURL('admin', absolute=1)

and

def password_inputs(mlist):
    adminurl = mlist.GetScriptURL('admin', absolute=1)

The first of these affects the 'letter/digit' links on the membership
ant the action for the Search, Submit Your Changes and Set buttons,
and the second affects (I think) only the link to the general options
section on the Passwords page.

I see no reason why these need to be absolute URLs. You could just
change the two mlist.GetScriptURL lines to

    adminurl = mlist.GetScriptURL('admin')

and I think that would fix it. If you wouldn't mind trying this and
reporting, I'd appreciate it and if it seems OK, I'll file a bug and
change it for 2.1.16.

There may be some http/https issue around this, but offhand, I can't
think why.