[Mailman-Users] Admin approval messages not being sent

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 17:34:05 CEST 2013

Apparently, the central mail server does not filter spam by examining
headers. It uses Fortiguard to look for identified spam and then flag IPs
that send an inordinate amount of "spam". Our system handles over 600 lists
and 250,000 subscribers, so there is a lot of opportunities for spam to get
through. The lists don't send spam, but the owner addresses are open for
sending (weakness of Mailman) and for whatever reason, legitimate mail is
being flagged with a hash by Fortiguard.

All the Fortiguard problems aside, are there any suggested ways to harden
Postfix for use withe Mailman at the volume we are using it. Maybe this is
a question for the Postfix list. I have already implemented many of the
configuration ideas to cut down on spam, though have not implemented an
actual spam application like SpamAssassin.

Many thanks,

--
Christopher Adams
adamsca at gmail.com