[Mailman-Users] Mass Mail

Javad Hoseini-Nopendar javad at irannopendar.com
Sun Apr 28 22:44:27 CEST 2013

Hi there
I have a few questions about sending very large masses of email messages. I should remind that I don't want to do that for spamming purpose, but only because a friend is asking me about that over and over:Assume a mailing list with 200,000 members. For simplification purpose, Suppose all the members are from Gmail accounts. Now I send an email to this mailing list and the size of email is 1KB. I have 3 questions now:
1- This email will consume 1Kb of my website's monthly bandwidth or 200,000KB (200GB)? I mean my website's server sends the emails one by one or for example delivers all of them to google and google takes over the rest of work?

2- If that email consumes 200GB of my monthly bandwidth, while my monthly bandwidth limit is only 8GB, sending that one email will explode and break down my whole website or it will just give me an error that this number is higher than allowed bandwidth?

3- Assume all the members have been subscribed by the list owner, not by their own, but at the footer of all the emails it is explained to them how they can unsubscribe from the list. If I send an email to 200,000 Gmail recepients at a time, Gmail won't send my website or my IP to the black list of Spammers?

Best Regards