[Mailman-Users] HTML formatting and Header/Footer

Tue Aug 6 03:36:45 CEST 2013

On 8/5/13 5:32 AM, Roger Richmond wrote:
> I am an administrator of a small mailing list running Mailman 2.1.15.  I
> only have access to the web interface, not the server, and even if i did,
> I'm not confident about writing or changing the code.
>

> I know that this problem has been raised before, but wondered whether there
> had been any progress towards a solution.  I want messages to the list to be
> distributed in HTML format, but I also need to attach a footer. (The footer
> is a disclaimer to a health support list).  Mailman sends the footer as an
> attachment.  I have seen the FAQ at
> http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030707  but this doesn't
> resolve the situation.
>

> Is there a solution yet?
>

> Roger Richmond

As the pages states, it is non-trivial to figure out how to add some
text as a header or footer to a general HTML page.

I suspect it was decided that it was better to place these as separate
mime sections, where it is guaranteed that they are visible (at least as
an attachment), than the tack them into a message in a way where they
might not be visible at all, and may even break the existing formatting
of the original message.

--
Richard Damon