[Mailman-Users] Reporting messages counts/size by user

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 13 19:30:31 CET 2013

On 12/13/2013 09:40 AM, Adam McGreggor wrote:

> For the stats on the word count/quoted/sizes, per user, you could
> compute that on a regular base, although you may run into issues on
> quoting (in particular, the quoting indicator: ^> is not always going
> to be accurate.

There is code in the Handler at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/MoreHolds.py> that attempts to determine
quoted vs. non-quoted text in posts. It is far from perfect.

> TBH: it sounds as though you may be trying to solve a social problem,
> not a technological one.

Absolutely true. In my case, after much vociferous complaining from a
few people, the loudest of which wasn't even affected by the quoting
tests, the club whose list this was said it didn't want any automated
decisions on quoting.