[Mailman-Users] bounce processing not removing members

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Dec 14 20:59:47 CET 2013

On 12/14/2013 11:11 AM, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

> For example, I'll see this message:
>
> List:       xyz
>     Member:     <email hidden>
>     Action:     Subscription disabled.
>     Reason:     Excessive or fatal bounces.
>
> If I check the member list for that particular email address, it still is
> there.

That's correct. Check your list's web admin Bounce processing settings.
When the subscription is 'disabled' by bounce, it means a process is
started wherein a number of warnings determined by the
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings setting are sent at intervals of
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval days and only after all the
warnings have been sent is the address removed from the list.

If you want the address to be removed immediately, set
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings to zero.

Note that the warnings and eventual removal (if warnings > 0) depends
also on Mailman's cron/disabled job being run daily, normally by cron.