[Mailman-Users] Error from Cron about Mailman on Debian

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 19 02:30:32 CET 2013

On 12/18/2013 01:01 PM, EyeLand wrote:
> Hello, on VPS Debian I install Mailman, and everyday I receive error
> from Cron, can you consult? Thank you!
>
> ***UNCHECKED*** Cron <list at vps1> [ -x
> /usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests ] &&
> /usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests
> List: mailman: problem processing /var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman/digest.mbox:
> [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman/attachments'

Run Mailman's

bin/check_perms -f

as root. This should fix the problem. If not, all the directories

/var/lib/mailman
/var/lib/mailman/archives
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman/
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman/attachments

should have mode 2775 (drwxrwsr-x) and group equal Mailman's group
(probably 'list' on Debian, and /var/lib/mailman/archives/private should
have the same group and either the mode should be 2770 (drwxrws---) and
the owner should be the web server user (probably www-data) or the mode
should be 2771 (drwxrws--x). See the Warning: box at
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node9.html>.