[Mailman-Users] Attachment with welcome message

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Feb 12 21:00:52 CET 2013

Carl Zwanzig wrote:

>That was my first thought. Put all the info in the main message (and make
>sure there's a readable text/plain part, too).

Absolutely! (There's way too much attaching of word processing
documents and PDFs where simple plain text will do).

Just put the text of your guidelines in the list's General Options ->
welcome_msg box. See the "(Details for welcome_msg)" link for more
info.

Note that the welcome message itself is sent as a simple text/plain
message so there is no way to include HTML or attachments.