[Mailman-Users] Odd replacement of the sender address

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Tue Feb 19 15:31:06 CET 2013

* Michael Smith <msmith13337 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>

> thanks Mark.
>
> I applied the patch and both the incoming as well as the outgoing mail
> addresses are correct according to the debug log. So does the problem lie
> with postfix?

I missed the patch... Could you send it to me and I can comment on
that :)

> > I gave him the attached patch to Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py, which
> > logs the content of the messages From: and Message-ID: headers upon
> > entry to SMTPDirect.py and after delivery to the outgoing MTA. The
> > From: is unchanged in these log messages, and the ultimate, erroneous
> > From: has been added after (above in the message headers) the

Could you share the log-lines (in private, won't disclose them).

The culprit COULD be the Postfix settings:
local_header_rewrite_clients
remote_header_rewrite_domain

Their defaults are:
local_header_rewrite_clients = permit_inet_interfaces
remote_header_rewrite_domain =

Personally, I'm using
local_header_rewrite_clients =
remote_header_rewrite_domain =
(never ever rewrite)

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
ralf.hildebrandt at charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin