[Mailman-Users] Need to see sender of post to my list

Gregory Beyer beyerg at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 23 04:47:50 CET 2013

Hello,

I've been using Mailman for years and have a situation that I can't find
in docs  & FAQs.  I have the reply to address set to "list" and I have
senders email addresses hidden to protect privacy and prevent spam abuse.

Occasionally, I - as the administrator - need to see the actual poster
of a message sent by a member.  They sent an inappropriate message, or
perhaps their email is spam virus infected and they are unknowingly
spamming.  When I go to archives, all I can find in the emails is the
obfuscated information about a message, but not the actual senders email
address.   If they don't sig the email, I have no way to know who they
are.

How can I find out, while maintaining privacy so that addresses are not
exposed to the list at large?

Here is a sample message header from my archives