[Mailman-Users] Cannot complete actions on held msgs

Breeze Howard bhoward at fsu.edu
Wed Feb 27 22:04:10 CET 2013

We recently upgraded Mailman from 2.1.13 on Solaris 10 to 2.1.15 on
RHEL6.  We are seeing an issue now where when posts are held for
moderator approval, they show up in the pending requests webpage, but
you can't take any action on them. Defer/Reject/Allow/Discard... no
matter what you choose, the page just refreshes without anything
actually happening.  The kicker is that this only occurs on lists that
were created in the new environment, the lists that we transferred over
from 2.1.13 work just fine.

When I delete the heldmsg-<LISTNAME>-##.pck manually, the held message
disappears from the "held for approval" page.  However, new held
messages exhibit the same problems.  Other messages sent to the listserv
that don't ever get held, are delivered to the members just fine.

We've compared config.pck files between an old and new lists and the
only difference we have seen is that all of the 0's are now "False" and
the 1's are now "True".
There have not been any HTML changes to the files in question.  We have
run check_perms and it has come back with NO errors.

Mailman Version: 2.1.15
Python Version: 2.6.6
RHEL Version: 6.2
Kernel Version: 2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.x86_64
Apache Version: 2.2.15

Thank you in advance for your assistance,
Breeze

--
Breeze P. Howard                 bhoward at fsu.edu          (850)645-8008
Email and Linux Administrators   its-unixadmins at fsu.edu   (850)644-2591