[Mailman-Users] Migrating a list to a (Postfix) virtual host

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 11 18:21:52 CET 2013

Norbert Aschendorff wrote:

>Is it possible to move the lists which aren't virtual hosted yet (they
>appear only in data/aliases) to the virtual host (so they appear
>additionally in data/virtual-mailman)? I searched the web but I didn't
>find anything helpful about this topic. The problem is that I don't want
>to re-create the list because it'd be good to keep the passwords and
>settings of the subscribers.

It is not difficult, but requires a few steps.

1) add

add_virtualhost('new.web.domain', 'new.email.domain')

and

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['new.email.domain']

to mm_cfg.py

2) run Mailman's

bin/withlist -r fix_url LISTNAME -u new.web.domain

to move the LISTNAME list or run

bin/withlist -r fix_url -a -- -u new.web.domain

to do all lists.

3) run Mailman's

bin/genaliases

4) add

hash:/path/to/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

to virtual_alias_maps in Postfix main.cf and reload Postfix.