[Mailman-Users] Allow message to auto accept based on another list's membership

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 18 08:25:42 CEST 2013

On 07/17/2013 11:01 AM, Whitcomb, Jeff wrote:
> I read somewhere there is a way, instead of doing ^.*@example.com<mailto:%5e.*@example.com>, I can enter something in the accept_these_nonmembers to use the membership of one or more other lists on the system, or all other lists to be auto accepted on.  I can't find this feature in the documentation, as I'm not sure what it's called.

Click the "(Details for accept_these_nonmembers)" link on the Privacy
options... -> Sender filters page.

> I also want to see if using lists memberships for acceptance on another list presents any performance issue.

It costs a bit of extra IO and processing to instantiate the other
list(s), but it shouldn't be particularly noticeable unless the list is
very large.

> I'm currently on version 2.1.6 (I don't control the upgrade schedule) :)

Sorry, you're out of luck. The @listname feature was first introduced in
2.1.10.