[Mailman-Users] [SOLVED] Re: message held for moderation "no member", adding address: "already member"

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Sat Jul 27 02:28:55 CEST 2013

Hi and thanks for your fast answer (as usual)!

Am Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:21:21 -0700
schrieb Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>:

> What is the setting in Defaults.py and if any in mm_cfg.py for
> SENDER_HEADERS.

SENDER_HEADERS = ('from', None, 'reply-to', 'sender')
(none in Defaults.py)

> The default setting
>
> SENDER_HEADERS = ('from', None, 'reply-to', 'sender')
>
> looks at From:, envelope sender (aka unix from), Reply-To: and Sender:
> for a member address. It is possible this installation has changed
> this to, for example, look only at the envelope sender.

This means there is no configuration problem with the list, but ..

I just had a look at the reason for the moderation request again, which
was not shown like this in the interface:

"Mailadresse der Liste steht nicht im Mailheader (vielleicht wegen einer
Weiterleitung?)" (list address not in the header, maybe forwarded?)

So the sender sends the mail to himself and BCCs the list. I informed
him to at least CC the list in the future.

--
Kardan <kardan at riseup.net>
Encrypt your email: http://gnupg.org/documentation