[Mailman-Users] aliases file: using globally unique user IDs (as in Sympa virtual domains)

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Mon Jul 29 19:26:32 CEST 2013

Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

>On 07/29/2013 09:55 AM, Barry S. Finkel wrote:
>>
>> Also, as discussed previously on this list, the
>>
>>      postfix-to-mailman.py
>>
>> script is NOT part of the SourceForge Mailman, and its use is
>> discouraged.  There is a Mailman FAQ that describes this
>> script and the recommendation not to use it.
>

>The FAQ is at <http://wiki.list.org/x/EYDt>. Read it and the post at
><http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2012-September/074017.html>
>before trying to use postfix_to_mailman.py.

So the issue I opened the bug for appears to be a problem with the comments/docs in postfix-to-mailman - is that the case?

I'm not convinced I need it, but I am not inconvenienced by the whole-domain issue, all my lists are in domains such as lists.lumicall.org

I've also had a look at the vhost patch, it generates aliases similar to the Sympa pattern, can anyone comment on it?