[Mailman-Users] Help! Mailman's Digest Option Sending Too ManyDigests

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 5 15:18:37 CET 2013

Yosem Companys wrote:

>Mailman is sending too many digests daily.
>
>I have configured the options Mailman gives me as follows:
>
>   - How big in Kb should a digest be before it gets sent out? 0.

This is the major problem. 0 does not mean unlimited. It means a digest
will be sent with every post because any post makes a digest >= 0.

Set this to some reasonable size.

>   - Should a digest be dispatched daily when the size threshold isn't
>   reached? No.

If you thought 0 was unlimited, how did you think a digest would ever
be produced if not daily and not on size?

>   - How often should a new digest volume be started? Daily.

This does not mean send a digest daily. That's the previous setting.
This means how often should the volume number be incremented and the
issue number reset to 1.