[Mailman-Users] Obtaining Membership List

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Tue Mar 12 17:36:56 CET 2013

On 3/11/2013 3:03 PM, William McQueen wrote:
> I first need to say I am not a professional tech person. But Mailman version
> 2.1.15 comes with my site, so I've been running it for my Adult Education
> Association.
>
> Now, our Pres would like to get the listing of the membership and I don't
> know any quick or easy way of obtaining the list of  330 subscribers for
> her.
>
> Could someone explain how I can get the subscribers' list.
>
> Would gratefully appreciate it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill McQueen in Toronto

If you have access to the command line there is nothing easier.  Using
my system as an example (you will need to know where mailman was installed):

$ /usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_members listname

will get an alphabetized list by email address

$ /usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_members -f listname

will get a list including the full name (if it exists) for each
subscriber.  Given the size of your list you'll probably want to capture
to a file so:

$ /usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_members listname > ~/list_subscribers.txt

will put the output in a file called list_subscribers.txt in your home
directory.  Then it's just a matter of using ftp (or whatever mechanism
you usually use) to get the file to your local computer.

I'm not aware of any easy way to do this from the web interface.
Perhaps someone else can help with that.
--
Steve