[Mailman-Users] mailman cron throwing persistentlockerror(IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory...)

Bob R bob.reap at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 01:26:55 CET 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> Bob R wrote:
> >I removed the sticky bit on /var/lib/mailman (and /locks) but the command
> >still failed:
>

> There was no sticky bit on locks/ - it was a SETGID bit and should be
> set.
>
> chgrp list /var/lib/mailman
> chmod 2775 /var/lib/mailman
> chmod 2775 /var/lib/mailman/locks
>

> >$ sudo -u list  [ -x /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs ] &&
> >/usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs
> >Traceback (most recent call last):
> [...]
> >    fp = open(self.__tmpfname, 'w')
> >IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> >'/var/lib/mailman/locks/somelist.lock.mydomain.com.27297.0'
>

> This is a new error. Previously it wasn't permission denied.

Possibly because the other errors were reported by cron vie email, and the
above was running the cron sequence by the command line?

> Do the above chgrp and chmod commands
> >
> >"Permission denied..."  The error seems pretty straightforward, what is it
> >looking for, and why wouldn't check_perms catch it?
>

> check_perms isn't perfect, but did youi run it after changing mode bits?

I ran the chmod and chgroup cmmands as suggested, and ran check_perms
before and after - it reports no problems.

Running the cron from the command line still creates the error as
described, but I may have wrongly assumed that replicated the conditions
from the cron.  ???

I appreciate your assistance with this...

br