[Mailman-Users] Admin approval messages not being sent

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 29 01:25:46 CET 2013

Christopher Adams wrote:

>On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>>
>> Are you saying that you see a 'held subscription' message in Mailman's
>> 'vette' log?
>>

>Yes, it shows in the vette.log as being held.
>

>> Do the held subscriptions appear in the web admindb interface?
>>

>> >The list has the *admin_immed_notify* set to 'yes'. The cron
>> /cron/checkdbs
>> >runs every morning at 8 am.
>>

>> Does the held subscription appear in the daily summary of moderator
>> requests?
>>

>Yes, it is sent successfully every morning at 8 am. Until I get this fixed,
>I have increased this to every 2 hrs.

The notice to the owner(s)/moderator(s) is sent by the same process
immediately following writing the vette log entry contingent only on
admin_immed_notify being True.

The message is sent From: and To: the listname-owner address with
envelope from the listname-bounces address.

Check Mailman's smtp log for entries with the same or perhaps + 1 or 2
seconds time stamp as the vette log entry. There should be a send for
1 recip for the list followed immediately by a send for a number of
recips = to the number of owner(s)/moderator(s). Do you see these? How
about in the MTA logs?