[Mailman-Users] no mail delivery to site list
larry at qhpress.org
Wed May 8 17:15:14 CEST 2013
Unlike Francesco's problem, my site list does exist (it was given as
part of the pre-installed Mailman on my Linux VPS from Network
Solutions), and after some trouble I've gotten it to put its
configuration pages at the right URL (lists.mydomain), to list me as the
owner (instead of noreply at networksolutions.com), and to let me in with a
password of my own devising.
But mail doesn't get delivered to it. Mail to mailman at mydomain lands in
my catchall mailbox, where all the spam for unknown users goes.
This doesn't happen to my regular mailing lists, which I created on this
server using Plesk (which came preinstalled). (These lists existed on
my previous server but were managed by different mailing list software.)
Only after setting up my regular lists did I find there was supposed
to be a "site list" called mailman at mydomain.
I realize this may conceivably be a Postfix issue, or even a Plesk
issue, but I thought someone here might be able to guess the answer. My
own guess, as far as it goes, is that the problem has something to do
with this server being set up to host multiple virtual domains, and with
the site list having been created by Network Solutions before I
installed my own virtual domain.
I've thought of deleting the existing site list and recreating it
through Plesk, since I know that lists created through Plesk work. I'm
reluctant to try this since it would create an interval when the site
list doesn't exist at all, and I've read that Mailman refuses to operate
at all under those conditions. Anyway I would rather know how to find
whatever is misconfigured about the present site list.
My VPS is running GNU/Linux kernel 2.6.18-028stab101.1 on some kind of
x86_64 (data reported by uname). From the generic hardware name and the
fact that they call it a VPS I suppose this is a virtual machine running
on some more powerful kind of hardware.
larry at qhpress.org
More information about the Mailman-Users