[Mailman-Users] no mail delivery to site list

Larry Kuenning larry at qhpress.org
Wed May 8 17:28:12 CEST 2013

A few minutes ago I wrote:

> my site list does exist....  But mail doesn't get delivered to it....
> My own guess, as far as it goes, is that the problem has something to
> do with this server being set up to host multiple virtual domains,
> and with the site list having been created by Network Solutions
> before I installed my own virtual domain.

I think I've just found the problem.  Doing a dumpdb on the site list
and on one of my regular lists, I find that 'host_name' is different.

So probably all I need to know is how to get the correct name (the
virtual domain name) into the list database where Mailman will find it.

I'm still new to Mailman and Python, though I've done various other
sorts of Unix programming (including writing my own software for the

Larry Kuenning
larry at qhpress.org